July 30, 2004

Firewalls at David Piscitello's Blog

I was scanning the web looking for interesting content this morning on Firewalls and noticed David Psicitello's web log. Dave is the President of Core Competence which is a data network consulting firm. I first met Dave years ago at the First "The Intenet Security Conference" or TISC that was held in San Jose in the late 1990's(he met a couple of hundred people at that event so I don't count on him remembering me). I look for Dave's writing because I find that he's very objective in his approach to different products and technologies . I need to think about that all the time since I work for a Firewall product manufacturer. Dave's also from the east coast and as suchI think he's pretty clear at speaking his mind. If somethings broke, he'll point it out and tell you just how broke it is.

One of the neat things about Dave's blog is the list of topics on the left side of the screen. I can choose "Firewalls" and then see only Dave's content on that topic. In the same list he has also included links to some other authors sites (Avolio, Chuvakin, others,..). I found the Firewall references to all be interesting.

No comments: